Winnipeg Area Council Meeting Minutes
Wednesday June 17, 2020
Attendance: Gus Mardli, Nestor Galarnyk, Tracy Thor, Christine Dmyterko, Brett Rainboth, Joanne Bjorkland 50770, Susan Brown, Sheilagh Hanson, Faye Kingyens
Regrets: Yvonne Hein, Jamie Bonner, Frank Janz
Call to order at 6:35pm
Round of Introductions
Agenda adoption move by Sr. Christine Dmyterko, seconded by Br. Nestor Galarnyk. None opposed
PSAC Statement of harassment in effect, moved by Sr. Christine, seconded by Br. Brett Rainboth. None opposed
Minutes moved by Br. Brett, seconded by Br. Nestor. None opposed
Christine balance $1178.24 last, current balance $1122.35 per telephone conversation with Assiniboine Credit Union June 17th. Moved by Sr. Christine, seconded by Sr. Sheilagh Hanson. None opposed
By-Election for Winnipeg Area Council Prairie Region Council Rep, chair to Sr. Tracy Thor
- Br. Nestor nominated by Sr. Christine, seconded by Br. Brett. Br. Nestor accepted.
Alternate: Sr. Faye Kingyens nominated by Br. Gus Mardli, seconded by Sr. Sheilagh. Sr. Faye accepted.
8. Bargaining Update by Br. Nestor
- Letter writing campaign to TB head, drummed up some interest. There is a possibility to resume talks but logistics need to be figured out.
Tracy recommends Locals confirm they have home emails for members incase there were to be a need for electronic voting
Ratification votes have happened with Canada Post and Universities
9. New Business
a. Br. Nestor sent personal letter to President of Treasury Board
- Also, reached out and spoke to his Local MP
- Encourage all members to reach out to Prime Minister, TB President and Local MPs
- PSAC national & various component websites offer template
b. Budget 2020
- All items put on hold until Finance committee meets, usually meet in April but unable to
- Many events now postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19
- Virtual meetings are an option but possible “virtual meeting fatigue” setting in
- Possible to try and allocate funds for events as things begin to open
c. Community outreach
- NPSW BBQ was planned but unable to put together due to COVID-19
- Unable to work water station at Manitoba Marathon due to cancellation
- Labour day unknown
- Hoping to participate in Food drive, charity event or rally of some kind if safe to do so.
- Rally this Friday after work at Manitoba Legislature building for missing & murdered aboriginal women
- Try to give members masks & hand sanitize
10. Round Table
- Need sewing volunteers to make masks with Women’s Committee to be donated to Pointe Douglas Women’s Centre
- PSAC Prairie Regional Vice-President Sr. Marianne Hladun and UNE President Br. Kevin King sent a joint letter to Canadian Museum of Human Rights after appointment of new CEO. PSAC & Local to decide how to proceed further with further engagement
11. Next Meeting to be held September 1st, 2020
12. Adjournment at 7:58pm moved by Sr. Christine, seconded by Br. Brett. None opposed.
|Winnipeg Area Council Meeting Minutes (June 17, 2020)||137.96 KB|